Over the years like everyone I’ve tried all sorts of ways to adjust my weight. Some times gain it and some times lose it. I’ve now got to a point where I am very comfortable getting to the weight i want to be so I feel I have the control and freedom I always wanted. So I thought I was in a position to share a few things I learned along the way. I hope they help.
The thing is though, I am still learning and exploring. So I’m really just sharing the lessons from my journey so far. The most important thing to me is that I’ve found an approach that brings a smile to my face and lots of fun to my life. That’s why I find it works so well. What it does require though is searching for new ideas to keep things fresh but that’s part of the fun.
Here are the articles I have written so far presented Fit2Thrive Play, Compete and Create approach to improving your lifestyle
Enjoy what you do. All the research shows that keeping up your weight loss activity is the most important thing you can do. If you learn to enjoy your life while you lose weight then you have the best set up for success in the short, medium and long term.
- How can you lose weight and be happy?
- Create a daily feast and famine cycle
- Find your weight loss dynamic
- Be active, keep motivated and have fun
- Weight loss and Christmas. The food addicts guide to feasts part 1 part 2
- Running or just moving. What is most important to losing weight?
- Get fit to make the most of every minute
- Avoid empty experiences: Make the most of each experience
- find your happy place and simplify your life
How do you fit it all in and get on with your life?
- food addiction linked to obesity
- Why walking is good for you
- Why a food addict can not go ‘Cold Turkey’
- The men who made us fat
- Calorie and nutrient intake over time
- 1 mile a day burns over half a stone in a year
- Confessions of a foodaholic
- Losing weight is like paying off a loan part one part two
- Losing weight: Don’t limit yourself by having a limited goal
- Could losing weight be made easier by just taking longer to eat and enjoying every mouthful?
- You can’t burn fat without a carbohydrate flame.A general point that must be made clear The body has an abundant supply of fat for energy but a very limited (generally around 500g) store of sugar (carbohydrate) in the form of glycogen. Carbohydrate is crucial to providing energy because you can’t burn fat without a carbohydrate flame. This is because the citric acid cycle
- Horizon: The truth about exercise. Brilliant episode: In line with everything I believe. Much of his research is from Loughborough. Shows that 3 mins High intensity Training per week has major health benefits, and that just being active in general is most important. Common theory is being challenged. It’s easier than we thought to get fit. High intentsity exercise and can 3 minutes of exercise a week help make you fit
- Daily habits: they can make or break you
- Constant stress and weight problems?
- Body Rhythms: Hunger
- Smarter Goals are key to successful weight loss
- Activity doesn’t have to be physical
- Body economy
- pay off your fat loan
- help your body access stored fat
Keep learning and expanding your knowledge of how your body works and what options are open to you.
- Exercise and weight loss: Do we know it all yet?
- Lose weight and save on heating bills with brown fat!!!
- Can we predict calorie consumption so accurately? and could this partly explain yo yo dieting?
- Training your intake: Intermittent Fasting
- Acheiving your goals means being good at fixing mistakes
- Can we both enjoy our meals more, and become healthier?
- What’s the fat story? Why do some gain pounds while others stay thin?
- Understanding individual uniqueness and complexity is the only true way to finding permanent solutions
- Abstinence makes the heart grow fonder.
- How crucial is your diet to your health?
- It’s not what you eat but the way that you eat it
- What can snooker tell us about obesity part one part two part three
- How do you control hunger? Don’t eat too much each meal
- How do you control hunger? Don’t eat too regularly
- Is weight watchers any good?
- How activity and exercise improves your health
- more exercise helps
- Surprising new clue to the roots of hunger, neurons that drive appetite
- Lifelong BMI patterns: analysis shows that losing weight at any time can reduce cardiovascular risk.
- Do fit flops work?
[Learn more about]