On quest I have had over the years is to find online physiotherapy centres. You would think that there is someone who is doing for physiotherapy what essential tennis and other sites do for tennis. You email photos and videos. and get analysis either from experts or a community.
Seems like a no brainer in this day and age doesn’t it. Well that hasn’t been my experience. So I thought I should share the problem and see if anyone can solve it for me.
What I am looking for is a site
- with high quality information on a wide range of sporting injuries and treatments.
- Preferably with video instruction as well
- a facility to ask specific questions for a small fee and upload details like photos and videos for analysis
- designed to improve my knowledge of my own body. Not hiding the details but slowly building my understanding of myself.
- helping me fit the way I live with the way I move
It’s a specific set of requirements and nothing has really fit the bill so far. So if you have a recommendation then please post a comment.
Research so far
- £100 initial consultation.
- Then an app.
- An Australian company.
- A large proportion of injuries do not need hands-on physio treatment.
- clunky web site.
- UK based.
- Not sure if there’s an app.
For the inclusive package of £28, you receive a personalised injury self management programme comprising exercises and expert advice from your chosen physio.
Included in this price is a follow up assessment, which you can choose to take at any time within 3 months folllowing the initial assessment.
- Searchable List of practitioners.
- Physio forum. Topics include; patient Q&A,
- Useful place for research and questions.
- Advice site.
- The site implied I may have anterior ankle impingement